Making the Jump from Pharmacy Technician to Pharmacist?
The opportunities available for Pharmacy School graduates are vast and rewarding! Students are often unaware of all the benefits that come along with the pharmacy profession.
Is pharmacy the career for you? Working as a Pharmacy Technician has given you some insight, but there is still a lot to consider.
Here are the three steps to determining if becoming a Pharmacist is the right fit for you:
- Once you have narrowed your interests, schedule some time to visit a related healthcare practice.
- Ask questions when visiting so you educate yourself on the occupation.
- Keep in mind some locations can only answer your questions over the phone or outside the pharmacy because of safety and privacy laws.
3. EXPLORE THE CAREER:
- Pre-pharmacy coursework is the first step in your journey to become a pharmacist.
- Visit a counselor or advisor at your college to go over the required courses for admission to pharmacy school. Make sure to plan when you will take these courses.
- Take a Pharmacy Technician training program as a part of your pre-pharmacy education.
- Pharmacy Technician training programs, like the one offered by MK Education, offers students a unique advantage in learning about the pharmacy profession from an expert in the profession.
- You will learn various topics in pharmacy practice that you may be unaware of including diseases states, pharmacy compounding, storage and label requirements, and healthcare privacy laws.
The pharmacy profession is very challenging and has many rewards as you take care of the thousands of patients in your daily routine. With the proper research, shadowing and course plan, you will be ready make the transition from a Pharmacy Technician to a Pharmacist!
What tips do you have for a smooth transition from Pharmacy Technician to Pharmacist?